Our rankings are based on our opinion of the likelihood of the candidate achieving climate action if elected.
There is a combination of detailed hard data and ‘Brains trust’ assessment of whether the action or promise passes the pub test.
Our Electorate scorecard is based on:
- Climate Action Score (CAS)- dark green.
- 9 criteria, explained on the website, that are scored for parliamentary voting record.
- All candidates from parties that have previously had a seat in parliament can have a CAS as there have been no known instances of crossing the floor on a bill to vote against one’s party for climate.
- Climate Commitment Score (CCS) bright green.
- For new parties and independents a CCS was generated based on 8 pieces of legislation that are available to fight climate change (that broadly reflect the CAS criteria). A survey was sent to candidates and compared to published policy to generate a score. This score is displayed but then weighted for ranking depending on Brain’s trust opinion of candidate’s prioritisation of climate action.
- the final ranking is based on averaging of CAS with the weighted CCS
See site (voteearthnow.com) for details of how each criterion is assessed.
Our senate scorecard is based on:
- the same CAS and weighted CCS system
- 90% of voters will number above the line – so no score has been given to un-affiliated senate candidates
- nevertheless, if you are committed and have the knowledge to vote below the line our information is enough to assist you with the parties.
The simplicity of the displayed graphs is to make the user interface straightforward for the majority of voters.
Everyone may vote as they see fit. The numbers in the boxes are our suggestions for maximal achievable climate action.
“We MUST respect this earth - it is all we have
Claudio Dametto - South Australia
“I will always Vote to Preserve Our World.
Liam McGregor - Western Australia
“A simple message that even a politician can understand
Felicity Crombach - Victoria
“Please show you care about our future generations!!
Phil Harmer - New South Wales
“Save our world , Life & health before profits.
Kerry Lillian - New South Wales
“Close down all coal mines and Do not mine gas . Make these Companies
Daniel Johnson - New South Wales
“We want carbon free energy!
Edan Clarke - New South Wales
“Feels good to be taking a voter action step
Beaver Hudson - New South Wales
“Great Initiative. Let’s Hold elected officials Accountable to their bosses, us!
John Paul Posada - New South Wales
“We need actions not words we need honest democratic govt We need a pm
Bob Pearce - South Australia
“Thank you for this great resource. I was feeling helpless. Even this small step
Silvia Anderson - Victoria
“If political parties continue receiving political donations, we will rarely have politicians working for
Dan Chicos - New South Wales
“I only vote for people who will take urgent action to restore a safe
Susie Burke - Victoria
“Current government is not representing the opinion of the majority of Australian to meet
Neil Price - Tasmania
“We are fighting to rescue our kids' future from those who seek to steal
Vanessa Norimi - Queensland
“No time to waste Now or Never My vote is for NOW
Rosalie White - Victoria
“I am only 9 but I already care
Ava Bell - New South Wales
“From New Lambton Uniting Church - Caring for our world is a moral imperative.
Niall McKay - New South Wales
“Our federal govt is an International climate Embarrassment - its about time they stepped
Oriana Tolo - Victoria
“Vote earth this time!
Sue Cooke - Queensland
“We are in one on the wealthiest countries in the world. we have the
rowan huxtable - New South Wales
“The climate Emergency is the public health opportunity and urgent priority of the 21st
Mike Forrester - Victoria
“If they want my vote they better act now
Barbara McNiff - New South Wales
“We need to act locally now for the earth. Our only home. Vote Earth
Anne Miller - New South Wales
“I often look at the places I've known all my life and see how
Jim Baird - New South Wales
“Strike one For people power!!! Democracy might prevail outside the current cronyism that faces
Lorraine Bridger - New South Wales
“Our federal politicians Are Afraid to make action on climate change a major election
Jennifer Martin - New South Wales
“climate election, let's go!
Fahimah Badrulhisham - New South Wales
“Great to see this website that is a focus on action for climate change
Lynette Sinclair - New South Wales
“Let’s show politicians and the Murdoch media that climate change is by far the
Jane Aitken - Australian Capital Territory
“If you want to stay in power You need to take action to stop
Jane Bulter - New South Wales
“We are all that stands between terminal climate change and the vulnerable. We are
Carol Khan - Queensland
“We need a Government that Believes this is real and not taking money from
Ken Gray - New South Wales
“I'm voting for my childrens future
Anneliese Alexander - New South Wales